Merry Christmas Little Bill is a Christmas special episode. It originally aired on December 3, 2001.
As the Glover family is getting ready for Christmas, Little Bill is worried that Alice the Great, who is visiting friends in Ohio, won't get back home in time for the holiday. When Alice calls from the airport to tell them her flight is snowed in, Little Bill decides to write a last minute letter to Santa Claus, hoping his sleigh can make it through the bad weather and he can give Alice the Great a lift back. On Christmas morning, just as Little Bill is waking up April and Bobby because he thinks he hears Santa downstairs, Alice the Great comes walking in, explaining that after her flight was cancelled she got a ride from "a friend."
- The closing credits include the note "We Wish to Thank The Acorn School."
- This is the second double-length episode in the series. The first was Little Bill's Adventure With Captain Brainstorm.
- This episode's closing credits has a winter-themed background and and in place of the normal credits theme, an instrumental of the Christmas Star Song plays.
- David Burger, one of the editors for this special, is credited as "Duke" David Burger.
- Xavier Pritchett, Ruby Dee, Phylicia Rashad and the late Gregory Hines receive "Featuring As" credits.
- Though many children's shows featuring African-American characters choose to focus on Kwanzaa as a holiday, this episode does not. The Glover family celebrates only Christmas and no mention is made of Kwanzaa.